Monday, November 29, 2004

Chicago at Night

I love walking around a vibrant and exciting city at night.  We had a terrific time with our kids on Thursday -- got to Chicago around noon after driving part way in the blizzard the night before, ate lunch at a Thai restaurant in Hyde Park, checked into our hotel on Michigan Avenue and relaxed awhile, took a reasonably long walk, and than had a late Thanksgiving Dinner.  Our kids -- one still at home and two in different colleges -- really enjoy each other's company, which is a great pleasure to witness.

On the home front -- I have a new wallet, a new driver's license, a new bank account and ATM card, and credit and debit cards are on the way.  I learned how to put a warning notice on my credit reports, so if some fool tries to open new accounts in my name, she might be caught red-handed.  The driver's license bureau was a pain, but everyone else was great -- including the vet, where I had to pick the doggie up from her visit and leave with a promise to pay later in the week.

Too bad about the person who lifted my purse -- but there are a lot of wonderful people out there doing their jobs extremely well and graciously.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still sucks about the purse, but I'm glad you got a handle on all the arrangements right away.  Probably saved yourself a lot of hassles.  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

sorry your purse got lifted, Im amazed at how organized you are though in getting everything back in order....I love this photo and the one above it too....~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl        

Anonymous said...

My husband and I stayed in Chicago last April.  I was attending the AWP Conference (a writers conference).  We got out and walked the Chicago streets at night.  What a beautiful city.  I'll never forget it.  Glad you're getting your life back in order after having your wallet stolen.  It would have taken a branding iron to prod me into action.  Good for you.  I'm glad you enjoyed my last enry, on Basho.  I highly recommend the Hammil translation of *Narrow Road to the Interior*.   If you enjoy walking, and I know you do, you'll love reading about Basho's physical and spiritual travels.  Good wishes as we move into December!