Saturday, November 13, 2004

Late at Night

It's very late -- for me anyway.  I've spent most of the afternoon and evening writing a long paper on Thomas Merton, and I'm still a little wound up.  The cat just came racing through the room, after what I neither know nor want to know.   

Little things that were good today:  

taking my time about getting up  

meeting friends for breakfast  

my daughter curled up in bed with a book for most of the afternoon

blue sky and sunshine  

the neighbor's gorgeously glossy black cat in the kitchen window  

a phone conversation with a much-missed son.  

My stepmother's 12 brain lesions loom large on my mind.  Yesterday I sent her six new hats for when her hair falls out, and today I went to Moto-Photo and picked up stacks of pictures from this year's canoe trip to Canada so that I can make a scrapbook for her.  But I just keep thinking that if she dies, she won't be back.  I have a lot of experience with that concept, but I can't see that it gets any more acceptable.    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walked 2 miles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your good things list, they are all warm and cozy.  
You are so wonderful to be doing those things for your stepmom.  I bet she will really appreciate them.

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for your family.  I'm certain she will enjoy and cherish the scrapbook.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Robin.  {{{{{{{{{  }}}}}}}}}}}
I'm glad you had some nice things to be grateful for today :-) Pamela

Anonymous said...

I am so sad to hear about your stepmother.   I will keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers.