Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Village (Round Robin Photos)

Yes, I realize this doesn't look like a village.  But it was a moment, sort of on the outskirts of what might be called a village, on the coast of Prince Edward Island.  And if I lived in a  village, I would want its border to look like this.

 I don't think I want to live in a village.  I love living in an inner-ring suburb that sparkles with diversity and people who like it that way.  But then, my city is sort of like a village.  If you live here long enough, and I've lived here almost 30 years, then the libraries groceries schools churches temples parks pools rec center restaurants theatres stores all teem with people you know, or people who know people you know.  

If I did live in a village, though, a REAL village, it would need to have boats.  

*****  

Take a look at the other Round Robin entries:

Carly......Ellipsis

Karen...Musings from Mavarin

Sara...Photographic Memories

Mary...Alphawoman's Blog

Dorn...Through the Eyes of the Beholder

Betty...My Day My Interests

Kimberleigh...I Shaved my Legs For This?

Aunt Nub (Liz) Fool's Paradise

Maryanne...My feelings are real

Chris...It's all about me I think

Derek...Derek's Photo of the Day

Mary...Hunybea's Open Journal

Renee...Timeless Calligraphy Studio

Marie...Photographs & Memories

Robin...These are the days of our lives

Rose...WAIT-NOTYET-/

Cosette...Pandora's Bazaar

Robin...Midlife Matters

Steven...sometimes photoblog

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's apart of a fishing village....I love it!!!
It works for me...; )
~Marie
http://journals.aol.com/mariebm56/PhotographsMemories

Anonymous said...

Your photos are great/elegant/charming!
Renee'

Anonymous said...

Robin :)

I agree...all villages should have boats! :) I like the way you think! Excellent.

Always, Carly :)

Anonymous said...

Like these thoughts and feelings! Reminds me of what my town/ village of Lacombe was like before Katrina! We were a wooded communtiy on the shore of a lake!
Thanks,
Tess

Anonymous said...

Wow!  I love that effect!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture. I love water too. SOmeday.........

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous picture...I love the effect you used on it.  I love being near the water, too!

~Aunt Nub~

Anonymous said...

Yes, if I were to live in a village, it would have to have boats.  This is lovely.

They say that the sea is in every Briton's blood, for there is no part of Britain that is more than 70 miles from the sea.  It is surely in mine.  Thanks for this lovely spectacle, Robin,

Vicky
http://www.livejournal.com/users/vxv789/

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, if I'm going to live in a village, it's going to be on the coast. There must be boats!
--Cosette

Anonymous said...

Ooh.  Ilike that a lot! - Karen
http://journals.aol.com/mavarin/MusingsfromMavarin/entries/2038

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful, I'm still working on mine, hopefully tonight.

Derek

Anonymous said...

Lovely picture.... And yes having a harbor, and water and boats certainly makes any village or town or city....complete!
Maryanne