Friday, June 11, 2004

Announcing....

First:

My new blog! about books and other things I'm reading. 

I thought it would be fun, and I was hoping that other people would suggest some books, too.  We'll see.  So far I've received one generous comment from a good friend, and my first-ever obscene response to a blog.

Second: my friend Marian is off to China on Sunday.  She should have some incredible walks to report.  Best wishes to the entire family for a wonderful journey.

And third:  thanks to Marian, I now own a pedometer.  As I told her last night, I spent 25 minutes trying to program it before turning it over to a teenager.  He didn't find it so simple either.  But it seems to work now and tomorrow I'll give it a try. 

Walked: 4.5 miles 

Walked this past week: 20 miles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Robin!  Glad you got the pedometer working, I think they do a bad job writing those instructions.  I have a paper journal to write in on this trip so hopefully I'll keep it up like my online journal.  Off to check out your reading journal.

Anonymous said...

Let me know how you like your pedometer.  I'm having trouble with mine and I'm going to pick up a new one.  It really is motivational to keep track of your miles.