Wednesday, June 9, 2004

Transitions II

This Allium Might Be a Bit Bigger Than I was Expecting...Nope; Fixed It!

It's hard to accomplish anything when everyone's in transition.

No walk yesterday.  I had planned to go out really early, but I woke up with such an intense headache that I could hardly move.  Then I thought I'd try lunchtime, but my daughter needed a ride (another of those hour round-trips) and it was in the 90s anyway.  And then I had to make a six-hour trip to pick my son up from college.  We had a wonderful trip home, filled with conversation about his year and plans, but by then time we got back it was after 11:00.

I did get out early this morning and took a decent walk with a friend, but it took her awhile to get going and now it's too hot again to try any more miles.  I have a huge stack of papers to grade, so I'd sure rather be outside -- except that it just rained and it's in the 90s, so steam is practically rising from the sidewalk.

Walked: 2.5 miles

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is beautiful!  I just realized we have lots of those around here except I always called them "Lily of the Nile".  I have not been able to get in all my steps the past couple of days either.  This time of year is so busy.

Anonymous said...

Yep...it's huge.  But pretty!  
How come the rest of the ocuntry is getting all this hot weather, and we're having rain and 65 degrees?  Oh, yeah, I forgot...I live in Oregon!  Lisa  :-]  

Anonymous said...

Holy Freaky Deaky big flower!!!  Very cool.  Pamela

Anonymous said...

I think lily of the nile is Agapanthus.    I'm glad your headache is better - ouch!