Saturday, June 12, 2004

Signs of Summer: Comings and Goings

In the Front Yard

Signs of summer with teenagers:

My daughter has finished school, thrown out piles and piles of papers, cleaned her room, taken the ACT (this morning), and made her first trip of the summer to Borders.  She will probably finish her new stack of books long before the week is out.

One son has come home from college, strewn his stuff all over the place, purchased a new guide to playing poker, and stayed up until about 5:00 a.m. every night (?) so far.

The other son arrived at 1:00 this morning.  For at least the next hour, several large teenage males munched donuts in my kitchen, all glad to be finished with a first year of college and home from New York, New Orleans, Chicago, wherever. 

I finally went to bed around 3:00, since I had to get the girl to her ACT before 8:00.

It's midafternoon and the boys are still asleep.  The second one is going to have to get up eventually, since he leaves for North Carolina tonight.  I think I've done seven loads of his laundry so far today... . The first one might get up, too, since there's been talk of a party three hours away tonight.

It was nice to have all of us under one roof for at least one night, or at least part of one night.

Walked: 4 miles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi :)

       I found your journal by way of John Scalzi's 6/9 Bog Round-up. You have a very creative place here. I will be adding you to my sidebar on my secondary jounral. I will be visiting often. I invite you to drop by and pay me a visit, I enjoy making new friends. Take care, Carly :)
http://journals.aol.com/ondinemonet/Ellipsis
http://journals.aol.com/ondinemonet/EllipsisTheMoonlightGallery

Anonymous said...

Such a brief reunion...it's probably as much as you can take (seven loads of laundry???)!

Anonymous said...

Nice pics.  I only have one kid and he won't go away...hahaha