Thursday, June 17, 2004

You Can't Take It With You -- Week-end Assignment #10

 Grave Marker

What a GREAT topic!  I have been checking all day, hoping that John would post it early enough for me to respond before our 6:00p.m. departure.  And now here's a fabulous topic to which I can't possibly do justice in the time left.  Maybe I'll amplify it when we get back.  But in the meantime...

I'd divide my first million among  Chatfield College, a small institution in southwest Ohio which does a brilliant job of serving a population of students who find it difficult to pursue higher education, and some of the other institutions, schools and camps, that have played big roles in the lives of my family.

I'd pay off the mortgageS, the school loans, the college tuitions for our three kids.

Then, if there were anything left, I'd be mighty tempted to indulge my fantasy of a house on the water somewhere.  I don't have extravagant ideas for house and decor; I'm just interested in a very small place on the water with a deck and a kayak.  The problem is, WHERE??????  My current choices:  Port Clyde, Maine; Chincoteague, Virginia; St. Augustine, Florida; Traverse Bay, Michigan...and I'm sure that I could come up with several more, but I have got to finish packing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!

Your objectives sound great!   I'd love to have a house on the water too.   I can't get enough of it.

Anonymous said...

I'd recommend Penobscot Bay!

Anonymous said...

Great choices and ideas.  If only...