Monday, June 7, 2004

Transitions

Solstice Preparation: Celtic Pattern in Cemetery

The Same Pattern, Pulled Out Into a Kaleidoscope

It's that in-between time of year.

My daughter has the first of her three exams today.  She has barely left the computer for the past two weeks, other than the day we took to go to Rochester and an evening out at Harry Potter III.  I think she will be glad to put junior year behind her.  I will be ecstatic.

Tomorrow afternoon I drive down to pick up one of my sons who is finishing his freshman year at the state university. He is turning four papers in today and then he has another year behind him.  He's looking forward to a summer quarter of school, but in France,  which should be an improvement over the Midwest.

On Friday my husband goes to pick up our other son, who by then will also have completed his freshman year.  His last final is scheduled at the last possible time, so he'll have about 24 hours at home before hopping a bus to his summer job.

And next Wednesday is my last teaching day of the year!  On Thursday we head for Florida, picking up the son already in North Carolina to take him with us for a few days of R&R in between orientation and actual work.

Phew.  At least I got the house cleaned up this week-end.

Walked: 3 miles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hecticness never seems to end!  Congrats on getting the house cleaned.  All my kids are through with school this Thursday and I am thrilled beyond belief.  It has been a stress filled year.

Anonymous said...

Busy, busy, busy.    I am really enjoying your photos.     Are you going to blog when you're on R&R?

Anonymous said...

I like your journal's new look!  You are getting very creative!  Pamela