Sunday, December 12, 2004

Christmas Chaos

It's not really so chaotic around here.  But I am almost too tired to move.  I'm only staying away from my bed and a long winter's nap because I want to hear the live Christmas Vespers concert from my high school, on in a  few minutes -- something I haven't heard live since singing in it in 1970!  The internet is an incredible invention.

My own final paper for my grad school class is basically finished.  My daughter's college applications are basically finished, with the exception of the voice audition CD she is to make tomorrow.  Let's hope that she stays healthy for the next 24 hours -- it was a real challenge for her to co-ordinate her schedule with those of her choral and tech directors.  (The challenge, of course, had mostly to do with her A+ in Procrastination Skills for Life.)

My sons are home from college, and they're out looking for a digital camera -- the Christmas gift for the one heading back to France to spend a week with a girlfriend.  Let's also hope that the folks at Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris have their security run-throughs in better shape this week.

The tree is up, the lights are on -- thanks to a 10:00 p.m. trip to Target last night for more -- and the decorations are strewn all over the place.  The boys are in charge of outside lights today -- since they only got up about an hour ago I'm not holding my breath on that one. 

My daughter's gone to a play with a friend and my husband has gone off to coach a soccer team.  It's just me and the animals...and Christmas music!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds very nice to me.  All three children within close proximity and Christmas music playing.  Hope you are enjoying your day.

Anonymous said...

Does sound like a nice little "time out."  Jolly!  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

What a great post.    LOL about dd's procrastination skills.   This is an area in which I excel as well.

Anonymous said...

A+ in Procratination!!!  Gotta love that.  Does it feel more like Christmas with the tree decorated?  A friend has had her's for 2 weeks set up in the corner -  no lights, no nuthin'!