Friday, December 17, 2004

Did You Know...

that Snow White had a frig?

No, this picture, another in the Marshall Field's holiday display window series, has nothing to do with anything.  It's just fun.  I'm no longer contemplating poisoned apples.  In fact, I'm smiling, remembering that my daughter's first dramatic role ever was as a 5-year-old Wicked Queen.

Meanwhile, in my life:

I got myself back in gear today after a long hiatus from exercise.  See below.

This morning I talked to the son visiting a girlfriend in France.  So far so good; tomorrow is meet-the-family day.

My daughter's last day of school was today.  It didn't take her long to make plans for the first evening in 3.5 months with no homework.

I had a perfectly delightful dinner out with my other son -- two hours of uninterrupted conversation about college (physics is a disaster; is it time to become an English major?) and life plans (maybe open a bar in Chicago?).  Probably the best two hours I've had in a long, long time.

And then my husband came home from his soccer team's practice with Christmas candy baked by one of the player's moms.  How good is that?

No outside lights yet though.

*****

Yoga: 20 minutes

Nautilus workout: 30 minutes

Walk: 1.5 miles at the gym, and 1 mile round trip to Little Italy for dinner.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must feel great - workout, dinner and good conversation with your son, and homemade candy. What could be better?

Anonymous said...

I've got to get back to doing some exercise myself.  I have no good excuse.  I'm just lazy!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a near perfect day.

Anonymous said...

Good job on the exercise!  My hiatus has got to end soon, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm getting caught up on journal reading...you joined a gym! That's great. I have been eyeing my long-ignored NordicTrack, thinking it might be time to dust it off and actually use it.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a perfect day.    Good job on all the exercise.  I'll bet you slept well that night.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the exercise got those endorphins off their little butts...  Good for you!  Lisa  :-]