Sunday, December 5, 2004

Winter Morning

I got started yesterday with a soak in my brother's hot tub.  Ensconced on my grandmother's porch, the same porch where I spent countless summer evenings long ago, it offers a winter's view of a wide lawn covered with frost and the sunrise filtering through the stark woods of bare trees.  Sitting in the steamy water, I could watch the day beginning and review my plans at leisure.

I guess it's a good thing we don't have a hot tub here.  My brother likes to relax in his late at night, but I'm usually too tired think about changing clothes and looking for towels.  I'm much more of a morning person.  But the truth is, if we had one here, I'm not sure that I'd bother getting out of it to go to work, not ever.

****************************

Christmas Decoration Report for Marian:  A few fully lighted and decorated trees have appeared in windows.  There's a yard a few blocks away in which Santa and Baby Jesus get equal billing, and a blow-up Frosty has appeared on another block.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hot tub sounds great, I want one!  
Beware the decorations are invading!!

Anonymous said...

I know a lot of people who have hot tubs and love them.  I don't think I'd use one much if we had one.  First, I'd have to put on a bathing suit (scream!), grab a towel, open the tub, close it up afterwards, etc.  It would be too much of a hassle I think.  LOL!

Anonymous said...

Morning person!?  Oh, the pain of mornings.  (smile).  My husband likes mornings.  But not even a hot tub could make me come alive before NOON.  Not long before school lets out, right?  Oh how I cannot wait!  Next semester will be so much better for me--only one composition course and the other two--creative writing.  Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like a hottub in the winter, imho.  I love the hot water and the cold air (I like hottubs OUTSIDE).  I think it would be so lovely . . . to have what our cousins used to:  a hottub on the deck outside the master bedroom.  Time for bed?  shed clothes, soak for a few and off to bed . . .  no bathing suit for me, thank you.
I'm not sure if I'd go to work either, if I were to do it in the a.m.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about the hot tub.   I definitely will have one of those at some point.   I will make good use of it.

Kathryn

Anonymous said...

I OWN a hot tub, and, for some reason, we just don't use it enough.  Kind of wish the view from ours was as nice as the one you described from your brother's...  Lisa  :-]