Wednesday, December 1, 2004

Decoration Countdown

One of my friends has a great entry today about the unoffical Christmas decoration contest going on in her neighborhood.  I commented that we are pretty restrained around here, but tonight as I  drove home I decided to test my statement. 

In the twelve blocks, some long, some short, before and including mine:

8 sets of outside lights

2 wreaths

1 bare tree in a  living room window

1 decorated tree in a  living room window, and

On my own short block of about 15 houses:

Nada, zilch, nothing.

 

I'll file another report after the week-end -- there should be some improvement in the situation by then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, this made me laugh.  I was just talking about the houses on our one very short street (although we have about 18 houses on it).  I would say 11 of the houses have the outside decorations up already and I"m guessing all of those have their trees up plus a few more.  Thanks for the shout out.

Anonymous said...

We drove around our little four-square-block neighborhood yesterday.  Most of it looked pretty "Scroogey," but our little corner (our house plus about eight others all packed together here on one end of the neighborhood) looks like Christmas Town.  Just waiting for Burl Ives to come sliding out from behind a fir tree with his banjo...  Lisa  :-]