Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Remember Winter?

The Monday Photo Shoot asks us to remember days other than the drenchingly humid ones we are enduring right now. 

And no, that's not a complaint coming out of my mouth.  Or keyboard.  Not one single complaint.  The sun has been so relentless that the grass is brown and the gardens are suffering, but I swore last winter that I would not complain, NOT ONCE, if summer ever actually returned.  So I am merely offering some observations.

Oh, yeah ~ the photo.  One of the lakes where I walk a lot.  Hooded mergansers usually show up before it freezes over, but they leave.  Everyone leaves.  No one else is stupid enough to stick around here in winter.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, great photo.  I really like it.
~Pamela

Anonymous said...

Whoa!  Great pic. I feel chilly just looking at it.

Anonymous said...

Trade places?  I have lived here nearly 25 yrs and the danged humidity STILL makes me just want to STING someone!       C.
http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

As I commented on someone else's "winter" photo:  We didn't have winter here this past year.  And we are continuing in that tradition by not having  summer.  "Where have all the seasons gone, Long time passing...." (I'd type in musical notes here, but my kepyboard doesn't do that....)  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

Oh yea, that's winter all right, it just sent a shiver up my spine.  Looks very, very cold say 13 below.  Great picture.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

Great photo.

Anonymous said...

YUK!  I hate winter!!  LOL.   I don't want to even think about it!  Pamela

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous - I actually miss winter, so I'm loving all these pics everyone is sharing. ~ Lori

Anonymous said...

You never fail to leave me gasping breathlessly at your beautiful photographs!
Best,
Judith
http://journals.aol.com/jtuwliens/MirrorMirrorontheWall

Anonymous said...

Wow! Wonderful!!
V

Anonymous said...

I love the heat and the humidity.    I am trying so hard to store it up for the frigid winter to come.     July 21 is statistically just about the warmest day of the year everywhere north of the equator - it is one month after the summer solstice.     Similarly, the coldest part of the year is on or about January 21 - one month after the winter solstice.      

The Chemist which I used to be would've probably attempted to derive the heat capacity of the earth from this information.    The Engineer which I became just says "OK - a month lag time, I can deal with that."    

This is it.    It may be the warmest it will get.   I will not wish it away!

Anonymous said...

I love this scene.
Tami