Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Summer -- A Season for Accomplishing Nothing On Time

This morning I've started getting Round Robin Photo alerts, and I decided I'd like to play, too.  Of course, if I'd been paying attention to anything, I would have understood that the alerts were showing up because the challenge has been out for two weeks.  So I posted my intention to join in about a day late and a dollar short, but hey -- that's summer, and Summer is the theme.

North Bar Lake, Michigan (July 2004)

 

PS:  In response to dcmeyer's comment below:  there are TWO bodies of water upon which to gaze, North Bar Lake and Lake Michigan.  If you look at the third and last photograph in this entry, the property on which this peaceful place of repose is located is hidden in the foliage to your left.  That's tiny North Bar on front of you and huge Michigan behind it.  In the second, middle photo, this picture would be behind the birch trees to the right.

The other participants to the Challenge are listed in the sidebar of the challenge link above -- pay them all a visit and take a look at some great stuff!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture. Looks like a wonderful place to escape to. ~ Lori

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!  Gosh, I hate to think of summer ending!  Pamela

Anonymous said...

Great picture.  Looks like a wonderful place to spend those lazy summer days.

Anonymous said...

Oohh! this picture looks soo summer to me!
btw..I came across your journal link through.. where else?? AOL editor-Joe's controversial entry! LOL!!
Gem ;-D
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours

Anonymous said...

A very inviting place to sit and watch life go by........Alls that it is missing is a cooler and a foot rest! lol

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can sit there forever. I hope there's a body of water to gaze at and a bottle of wine or a pitcher of ice cold sweet tea to quench the summer thirst...  

Anonymous said...

Hey Good News!

You aren't a day late at all. The challenge was announced two weeks ago, because that way everyone has time t do the challenge. The posting date was today, so you are not only right on time...you have done very well! :) Gorgeous photo by the way. Excellent. I will alert the other Robins to come by and see your entry!

Always, Carly :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photograph!  I feel like walking up to that chair and sitting down for a while to enjoy the scenery.
Best,
Judith

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm......could sit there for a long time & contimplate....nothing & everything!!!  Now where did I put my Pina Colada?

~Aunt Nub~

Anonymous said...

awwww. great!!
I would LOVE to be sitting in those chairs.
great shot!

Anonymous said...

I love both the picture and the explanation! And you did post on time--see, it says Wednesday at the top!- Karen

Anonymous said...

Love the photo!!!

~Danielle