Friday, April 30, 2004

Blogging Shmogging

 

Northern Oriole

Northern Oriole (www.andersonimages.com/.../ hb_northernoriole.html)

I have been pouting instead of blogging because I can't figure out how to get my very own pictures into my entries.  However, the sight of an oriole singing his heart out in the treetops this morning has motivated me to forge forward.

It is one of the endless frustrations of my life that computer directions are consistently written in a  foreign language that bears only the slightest resemblance to English.  I use the computer A LOT.  But whenever I have to take any step that might be characterized as slightly technical, I need to call in the teenage reinforcements.

For instance, here are the instructions provided by our fearless blogger leader, Mr. Scalzi, for inserting a big photo:

"First, you need to upload the picture you want to use into your AOL Hometown Web space. Once you've done that, when you're creating an entry, click on the "Add Pictures from Hometown" button right next to the "Add Pictures" button. You'll be presented with a list of the pictures you have in your Hometown space.

Pick the one you want, then click the "Add Picture" button. Your picture will be added to the page you use to edit entries. Then you just hit "Save" when you're done writing your entry. There you are.

Alternately, you can directly FTP (AOL link) your picture into your AOL Web space. Once you've done that, just create your entry and follow the directions from the paragraph above. "

Does anyone have the vaguest idea what one word of the above actually means???

 

Walked:  Well, no, not really.  I was playing around looking for birds from the boardwalk of the Nature Center.

Thursday: Walked: 1.5 miles.

Wednesday: Walked: 2 miles.

Tuesday: Walked: 3 miles.

Monday: Walked: 3 miles.

Sunday: Walked: 2 miles

Walked in April: 89.5 miles.

Walked since beginning journal: 91.5 miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea.  LOL!  I've been fighting unsuccessfully with computers all week.  Computer instructions always assume a certain level of expertise to begin with (like knowing how to upload a photo in the first place) that a lot of us dont' have!
Stacy