Monday, April 12, 2004

Walking

(www.maths.qmw.ac.uk/~pjc/ pictures/walking.jpg)

I really do love to walk.  My daughter said in wonderment the other day, "You can't do anything that could be called a real stretch, but you could walk for miles!" I'm not sure about an unlimited number of miles -- but I think that I could go a long way.  It gives me time to unwind, to plan, to pray, to daydream -- all critical to my mental health.

The downside is that it's hard for me to focus on anything that might approach a real aerobic walk -- I hate having to withdraw my attention from what's going on in my mind and focus on my physical effort.  But my son, who was into working out in a  big way during high school, tells me that my walks will be much more effective if I move faster.  So I'm going to try to insert periods of speed into my much more desirable periods of reverie.

Walked: 3.5 miles in the sunshine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to walk too--it's a good time to do all your daydreaming.  

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed at how much you are walking!  In the cold and rain too.  Keep up the good work!!!

Anonymous said...

Ummm, excuse me, update please.  You do have interested parties....