Sunday, April 4, 2004

Quick Trip

 

I couldn't imagine how I was going to hold up on even a short vacation -- usually a time to snack at various stops throughout the day and to splurge on dining out.  But I did really well!  I don't think I snacked at all and, although I often found myself with a meal plate far too full for my liking, I simply stopped eating when I stopped feeling hungry.  Hyde Park is a terrific place for walking and I finally -- on this, my third trip -- figured out how to reach the lakefront on foot.  So, although it's been startlingly cold and windy, the sun was out and I got in some terrific walks.

Friday:  Walked: 5 miles in cold sun to a wind-tossed Lake Michigan.  Stretched: 20 minutes. Food:  A day of college fare.  Luckily, there are many well-prepared alternatives.

Saturday:  Walked: 5 miles in sunny but cold weather along a calmer lake. Stretched: 20 minutes. Food:  Lunch at an Asian restaurant -- otherwise nothing remarkable.

Today: Walked: 4 miles in the sunny cold, 2 in Chicago and 2 at home. Stretched: 20 minutes. Food: Not a lot.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marian's sister again--realized I never sent you that Atkins support board link. Maybe I was dreaming of being on the cruise with my sister...feel free to link my blog or whatever it was you asked...Good for you for doing so well.