Saturday, February 19, 2005

Tax Return Avoidance

The Saturday Six ~ more entertaining than the 2004 stacks of paper on the dining room table with numbers on them:

1. Other than Earth, what planet intrigues you the most and why?

The tiny one in The Little Prince that has so many sunsets.
 
2. What is the last business issue you wrote a letter or called to complain about?  What's the last thing you complemented a business on?

Telephone call yesterday: round three of the attempt to "help" the dental insurance company "find" the records I sent (twice) demonstrating that my boys are, indeed, fulltime college students and, therefore, insured dependents whose winter break charges should be paid sooner rather than later and whose wisdom teeth extractions should be approved forthwith.

In the compliment line:  my employer somehow deleted two years of employment credited toward my retirement plan.  I sent a complimentary email to the woman who cleared it up and copied her bosses.

3. When was the last time you had your picture taken?  Did you like the way the picture turned out?

I took one of myself a couple of weeks ago and no, I did not like it.  So what else is new?
 
4. What was the last program you watched a rerun of on television?

Ummmm. . . I have no idea.
 
5. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #47 from
Carly:  The land has been referred to, by more than one person, as a community or a neighborhood. What would you call the metaphorical name of the street you reside on here in the land and who are your closest neighbors?

Wide-Angle Drive, because I am becoming acquainted with such a variety of people.  My closest neighbors would be the ladies I've known the longest and best, the inhabitants of Random Thoughts and Matters of the Mind, because, as we all know, I handle change VERY slowly and with great delicacy.  Also because Pamela is going to have a pool and Marian is a great cook, so they need to live on either side of me.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #48 from Braxton:  If you had to write an essay that pertained to 'human life', what opinion or topic about mankind would you choose to write about? (exp. relationships, struggles, accomplishments, etc) And briefly explain why you chose said topic...

I guess that one would have to be human spirituality -- and I'd go interview Huston Smith to do it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, you are funny!  I'd love to be your neighbor. Now get to your taxes!    Pamela

Anonymous said...

If I had fun neighbors to cook for, I'd like doing it even more.  BTW, we are avoiding taxes here as well.  UGH!

Anonymous said...

All those sunsets, a baobab tree and one special rose, how can one not love that planet?

Anonymous said...

I love "the little prince"!  great answers!

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

THE LITTLE PRINCE is one of my most favorite books in the whole, wide world.

Anonymous said...

okay, i'll bite - who is Huston Smith?  more info on this person, please.