Sunday, February 27, 2005

Sunshine

 

A Sunday:

My darling daughter came home from her last cast-and-crew party at 2:00 this morning.  I think I might have fallen asleep another hour after that.  The show was great and the parties were great and another high school milestone -- the last performance of the last musical -- is behind us.

I had to get up early because I was co-teaching an adult ed class at church on the prologue to John's Gospel.  Interesting stuff but not so much after only five hours of sleep.

I've spent much of the rest of the day finishing a paper on a painting of Raphael's.  These art history papers are a genre unto themselves and require a certain attentiveness to the details of conventions unfamiliar to me that tries my ADD soul.  So I called a friend to go birding at a spot where lots of ducks were rumored to have made themselves at home last week.

They were gone.  There is this problem about birds.  They fly.  Away.  I guess they, too, are plagued by ADD.

I've also been fooling around with my journal a bit.  I've added a couple of new links to my "Other Journals" column -- in a new space, allocated to journals that focus on place.  I know that we all write out of the terrain we inhabit, but geography as a focal point is interesting to me, so I'm starting a collection.  I'd love to get some new links.

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are doing a very interesting Bible study at church based on the Gospel of John.  There is actually a feature-length film that came out a couple of years ago, very well done, which portrays the book of John word for word. Have you seen it?

Anonymous said...

Love the picture! Glad your daughter's musical is over. My 14 year old had been busy because he has a guitar and voice solo for his school's Godspell show next month. He is also the Jesus understudy so he had been rehearsing like crazy.

Anonymous said...

My daughter was doing costumes for her college theatre. It was over last night...I felt sorry for her because she was sick yet  "the show must go on" and all that jazz. Thank god it's over...at least for now.
Nice picture, too.

Anonymous said...

Can you read A Family in Baghdad?  I'd really be interested in knowing what is written there.  Do you know how to translate it?

Anonymous said...

love the photographs!!! judi

Anonymous said...

wow, that is just an amazing photograph!  mesmerizing!!!!

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

That really is the most beautiful photograph.  I am constantly impressed with all that you fit into your life - and you also have time to write!  How do you keep up with it all?  You are my hero(ine)!

Glad your daughter is home safe and sound - enjoy her before she flies the coop.  

Hope you didn't mind my adding my two cents' worth last entry - I do get carried away sometimes...

Vicky
http://www.livejournal.com/users/vxv789/

Anonymous said...

As Robert Frost said, "Ice will suffice."