Tuesday, March 1, 2005

Snow and Cold and Ice, Oh My!

OK, so fine, whatever.  I was too optimistic about that whole spring idea.  No go.   I guess I was completely undone by the six hours or so of sun that materialized during the last week of February.

It is SO cold and blustery out there.  Every time you step outside you get smacked in the face with a shower of little icy bits of snow.

On the positive side, my daughter has been ecstatic since learning yesterday that she's in at one of the colleges she really likes.  There's nothing like an acceptance letter to turn things around for a high school senior.

It is NOT, I might add, snowing at said college.  The folks down there suffer through the occasional hurricane, but they skip the winter thing altogether.  If she decides not to go there, I'll be happy to take her place.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your daughter!

Anonymous said...

Out winters are great but Summers are too darn hot. I'm happy for your daughter...I've already been through that now it's the grad schools my oldest is applying for.

Anonymous said...

LOL don't give up on Spring just yet. I'm already walking around my yard looking for those signs that prove spring starting to open her eye's. I am a forever optimist when it comes to spring finally arriving!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Many congrats to your daughter - and you!  My son is in the north-east and I am in the south-west.  Despite our recent torrential rain, I think I win on the weather front right now!

Stay warm - build a fire and sip some hot chocolate - carb-free of course!

Vicky

Anonymous said...

Good for your daughter.  No Lewis & Clark or Reed, eh?  Oh, well...  We're expecting temps in the seventies this weekend.  Ought to be interesting when we're baking in the nineties and hundreds in mid-July....  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

I'm reading this most wonderful book that contains this line, after he is toying with the idea of how nice it would be to live in CA...."I'd go mad in a month or two............Maybe it's the weather that makes it feel forever suburban and porvincial: cities need extremes of weather, so that you long for escape." Ain't it the truth?

Anonymous said...

Oh, me too, me too, I'll take his place if you don't!  It gets to be March and to me "March" and "snow" simply do not go together.

Anonymous said...

I am cold just reading your description of the weather.  GO DD!!!!

Anonymous said...

good job daughter!  yes, enough snow already, it's been too cold!

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your daughter.  Where I live, (north Texas)  we have mild winters and no snow.  Sometimes we will get ice storms though.  Not on the coast so we don't get hurricanes.  Today it's rainy and about 45 degrees.

Anonymous said...

Way to go daughter.   I'm in Florida and yes, the ocassional  hurricanes do come a-knocking.  It's been very nice here, but today it only got up to 50 but with the wind chill it seems like a lot lower.  Only 3 more months and summer will be here...
Tami

Anonymous said...

I walked the neighbor's dog yesterday and almost froz my can off.......... brrrrrrrr..... Congrats to your daughter!! judi