Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter Morning Moon Setting

When my son and I left the house around 6:00 this morning to walk to the cemetery for the Sunrise Service, the full moon was low in the sky.  I have learned from the author of Ruth Store that this one is called the Moon of the New Grass and, sure enough, the new grass is making its appearance amid all the slush and mud.  I thought I'd post this photo tonight in case anyone wants to look out early tomorrow morning and catch a glimpse of the tidal pull toward spring.

My day was kind of off kilter.  I didn't have nearly enough sleep last night so I napped a lot, with a break in the middle to take the boy to the airport.  I'm going to have to work intently this week to make up for a week-end of lethargy.  My daughter still has a week of vacation left, with nothing much planned, but her college acceptances are trickling in so at least there's a bit of news every day or two.

Back to sleep for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brrrrr..........  beautiful photo but it must have been a cold walk at that time of day!  LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh, so you have the MOON, too?  :)  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

lovely moon!

~JerseyGirl
www.jerseygirljournal.com

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your daughter is getting college acceptances!  Where is she hoping to go?

Anonymous said...

Wonder photo of the moon.  I haven't been up early enough to catch it these last few days but I have sensed it presence in regards to sleep patterns.  Thanks for the information.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry