Saturday, March 26, 2005

Cases of Mistaken Identity

First, earlier this week, I did one of those ubiquitous online quizzes (courtesy of Patrick's Place) and learned that, contrary to my real-life Leo-ness, I am more in line with 

I'm not an astrology afficionado, so I had to google Pisces to find out what this new revelation might mean.  Having spent most of my life content in the assurance that I am in fact a Lion, I was somewhat discomfitted to discover that I might be more akin to a Fish.  And I can assure you that I am never, ever, indecisive or self-pitying.  Moi? I think not.

A couple of days later, this time thanks to Sistercdr, I learned that, in my medieval phase, I am a PRIORESS:

(You are a moral person and are also highly intellectual. You like your solitude but are also kind and helpful to those around you. Guided by a belief in the goodness of mankind, you will likely be christened a saint after your life is over. )

I am pretty much 150% sure that the actual nuns I know, along with everyone else, will be dumbfounded to learn of my incipient sainthood.  I like the blue outfit, though.  Goes with the water that my new fish-self inhabits.

However, I am not yet done transforming myself.  I had mentioned to Theresa one day that, while in my former-ambitious-lawyer-life I had always come out as an ENTJ, I seemed to be emerging as someone else.  So when Sister also published a hilarious list of Meyers Briggs Prayers and several of them spoke to me, I decided to do a quickie online test and lo! I am emerging as an INFP.

My prayer?

Lord, help me to finish everything I sta

Well, yes, it did take me four or five hours to wash the kitchen floor yesterday, due to numerous self-inflicted interruptions.

I was a little surprised to discover that I have an introvert side.  Maybe all this writing is rearranging the folds of my  brain.  I did check my other possible prayers, of course, and they are:

ENFP: God, help me to keep my mind on one th – Look, a bird! – at a time.

and, my personal favorite,

ENTP: Lord, help me follow established procedures today. On second thought, I’ll settle for a few minutes.

By the way, Sister found the test at Ian's Messy Desk, whish is a new blog to me and looks to be an intriguing one.

This little diatribe on my shifting self (no. . . NOT shiftless) was prompted by a comment in my previous entry, a very generous comment from a reader who thinks my name is Celeste.  It's not, of course, any more than I am a selfless and moral introverted fish, but I googled that one, too, and it means, as I thought, "Heavenly."

So now I am a fish in the sky.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got me giggling so bad here. Sorry about contributing to the identity crisis. ; )

Anonymous said...

Very funny!  Is this what they call self discovery and without a life coach!

Anonymous said...

This has me smiling.  Of course, you know I am a full blown INFP, so I can help you navigate those waters.  Speaking of waters and the creatures that inhabit them, the fish is my favorite symbolic animal--speaks of the divine in each one of us.  Have you ever read the Chinese version of Cinderella?  It isn't a fairy god mother, but a fish that shows Cinderella the way.  The fish has holy characteristics, powers of renewal and regeneration, just like the Christ.  

Anonymous said...

Too funny.   Isn't one of the principles of Meyers-Briggs that these traits are inherent, immutable, and practically genetic?    I'm going to be busy for the next week following all these links and trying to determine who I am now.

Are you sure that it isn't supposed to take 5 hours to wash the kitchen floor?    I'd rather do anything else, have a similar distraction problem, and it takes me the same amount of time.

Anonymous said...

Well, you seem comfortable enough in your new (fish) skin....!  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

I'm ENFP.....but in college I was an INFP