Thursday, March 3, 2005

Sunshine II

Exhibit A:  Christian Science Church Tower about 7:30 this morning.  That is BLUE in the sky, and it's there because to the east there was a bright shiny golden sphere beaming just above the horizon. 

Not a great photo, because le chien was wriggling all over the place and I couldn't hold the camera still. But I couldn't resist recording this unusual weather phenomenon.

I have had a really busy day but I have taken a lot of mini-breaks to check out the new eaglet (see previous entry).  It seems that in our enthusiasm, we viewers broke the isp for the eagle cam -- but there's a link there to another viewing site.  The eaglet looked pretty perky this morning, and papa brought mom a duck for breakfast -- which seems to have been entirely consumed.  I wouldn't have been so thrilled if my husband had shown up with an unplucked duck the morning after the arrival of our children, but I have to figure the eagle knew what he was doing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool picture, the clouds almost look pink.  

Anonymous said...

Men seldom know what they are doing...lol.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what was up with the eagle cam...I tried to look at it and it wouldn't show me the picture.  Then, when I finally DID get to see, she was apparently sitting on the baby, because all I could see was the back of an eagle and a dead duck!  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

it's too hard to find flowers at Blackwater this time of year!!! :):) judi