Friday, March 11, 2005

This Is Not A Real Entry. . .

. . . but it will be someday.

One of my frustrations will AOL Journals is that there is, to my knowledge, no real kind of index anywhere of journals by topic.  I suppose that I could ask the powers-that-be to start one, but that would deprive me of the pleasure of doing my own, just exactly the way I want it.  Plus I want to include non-AOL journals.  So that's what this beginning and ever-expanding entry will be.  I'm just going to keep adding to it, bit by bit, and I would love to receive recommendations for new additions.  And I am going to shamelessly limit myself to blogs that stick to topics of particular interest to ME.  I would be happy, though, to link to anyone else who wants to do this for topics of interest to them.  And it means that journals like my own, which bounce around from topic to topic, don't qualify -- unless I decide someday to start a category for the Eclectics among us.

For today, just categories and a few links:

PLACES

Beside Dry Creek (Colorado)     

Blue Ridge Blog    

Inscribed on the Forest Floor (Yellowstone Photography)    

Dispatches from France      

Spruce Pine Cottage (Florida Panhandle)

THE GREAT OUTDOORS 

Danielle's Den  

Eagles in Maryland 

Wrenaissance Blog

Nomadic Musings

READING AND WRITING    

About Me- Books: Spirituality, Journals, & Transformation

Theresa Williams - Author   

The Biblio Philes 

A Mindful Life

PHOTOGRAPHY 

From Every Angle   

Photo Friday

Photo Journal   

Jersey Girl

Rural Life Photos

PROGRESSIVE/LIBERAL CHRISTIANITY   

Kinesis: Life and Faith in Motion

Dylan's Lectionary Blog

Tread Lightly on the Things of Earth

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooohhh, I will enjoy this list:):) judi

Anonymous said...

What a good idea!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links.  I have found some of my favorite blogs through links in your journal.

Anonymous said...

One of my frustrations will AOL Journals is that there is, to my knowledge, no real kind of index anywhere of journals by topic
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robin, I have been thinking the same thing.  There's HOMETOWN, but it's impossibly frustrating to navigate.  You can look up journals by category (like hobbies) but then you have to wade through bunches of samples, many that aren't related to what you're looking for.  A nice index with the author's description of his or her blog would be fantastic.  I keep trying to search for other journals about writing and progressive christianity but it's near impossible to find them, except by chance.  I'm glad you brought this issue out into the open.

Anonymous said...

Wow what a good idea. I liked a Mindful Life and noted it in my blog, too. Thanks
Kathy

Anonymous said...

This is a WONDERFUL Idea. I actually went to the message page asking for suggestions about AOL journals and I mentioned something a bit like this. I notice they have a journal blog feature just for sports blogs already in place, that surprised me a bit to say the least! I don't run across many sports journals, but evidently, they are most important to our editors. Great Idea!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Robin:  I thank you very much for putting in links to these really cool journals or websites.  How wonderful to know that someone has already been there and is pointing the way for you to also go and explore.  This is called passing it on, paying it forward.  By the way have you seen the movie PAYING IT FORWARD.  I highly recommend it to anyone.  

Marlene-PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful idea.
Tami