Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Pilgrims (including my I-don't-know-how-many-greats grandfather Digory Priest), who made an arduous journey across the Atlantic, mostly died in the cold and snow, and probably did not celebrate what we would call Thanksgiving Dinner with their neighbors, did so in order that they might create a society according to their own designs and, as a result, quite accidentally took the first steps toward the diversity and freedom we enjoy today. 

They probably were't thinking that their sacrifices would bring us flash advertising.  And the Wampanoag weren't realizing that they were on the verge of replacement by corporate America.  But. . . just for today, just because we have made for a ourselves a day to pause and think of what we are grateful for instead of what we aren't:

I want to wish everyone -- including Joe, John, and my new colleagues at AOL Corporate, Bank of America, NASCAR, lovematch, and that pharmaceutical company that has showed up -- a lovely holiday ~ hope your drives and airport waits are not too long, your loved ones show up, your mashed potatoes are perfect, and you enjoy a long walk in the woods!

           HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Tess

Anonymous said...

Safe travels and a happy Thanksgiving to you also!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Judith

Anonymous said...

What a magnanimous post, Robin!  <g>

You have a great holiday, too, my friend.  Lisa  :-]  

Anonymous said...

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you too. May you be safe and warm and have your family around you.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

HEEHEE!  That was funny:)
Last week I had to log onto my hubby's computer in order to see the ads. At the top of my journal it read, "Find love and romance at AOL!"
I thought to myself, "Shit! If he finds out that I'm journaling again, he's gonna log on to read my journal, see these ads and think I'm looking for his replacement!"
Will AOL pay for my divorce attorney when he sees that? CAN I SAY GROSS?
Ahhh well...
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
MAryanne

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe,
GREAT!

http://deabvt.blogspot.com/
V

Anonymous said...

I'm a day late, but Happy Thanksgiving!

You crack me up.

Ari

Anonymous said...

A bit late in getting out my holiday wishes... sounds like you enjoyed yours!  Happy Thanksgiving!  LOL -- you are too funny!