Monday, November 14, 2005

Survey Like None Other

The goal is to have this in every single AOL Journal. What do you have in common with others? Do you like the same things? Post this and put the title of your entry "Survey Like None-Other!"  This is a great way to introduce yourself to new readers!

And you should do it even if you NEVER do these.

1. What sign are you?   Leo.

2. What is your favorite color?  Crayola Blue Green

3. How many waffles could you eat in one sitting?   One.

4. Can you touch your tongue to your nose?  No.

5. If you had to choose between cats and dogs, which would it be?  Cats.

6. What is something you have learned recently?  Who Natan Sharansky is.

7. What is your favorite quote? The Henry Beston one that pops up in this journal from time to time:

We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals . . . We patronize them for their incompleteness, for their tragic fate of having taken form so far below ourselves. And therein we err, and greatly err. For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.

Alternatively, from maps of centuries past (apocryphyl but whatever; still a great concept):

"Here there be dragons."

8. What is your favorite entry in your own journal?  Oh, I like this one, I guess. And my Judi Heartsong winner.  And this one, written after my stepmother died.  I guess three pieces out of a year-and-a-half isn't bad. 

9. What color is your bedroom?  White.

10. Where is your favorite place to visit?   St. Augustine, Florida.

11. What is one thing you want to accomplish this year?   To catch up on my photo albums.

12. Why do you write in a journal?  It's fun and I'm obsessed with it.

13. What is your favorite joke? I can't remember a joke from one second to the next.

14. Do you like the city or the country?  Both.

15. What style is your house decorated?   Totally eclectic.

16. Who is your favorite artist?  I have eclectic taste in this department, too.

17. Can you pat your tummy and rub your head at the same time?  Apparently not.

18. Are you a night owl? Once in awhile.

19. What is something youlove in your house? (If you have a picture you get extra credit!) The photographs of my children.

20. Do you believe in God?   Yes, usually.

21. What hobby could you never give up?   Reading.

22. What color makes you think of Hope?  Yellow.

23. What color makes you think of Love? Purple.

24. What is your favorite flower?  Daffodils.  I have another favorite, too, but I donlt know what they're called.  Freesia?

25. If you had one wish for the world, what would it be?  Conversation.

26. Whats the best surprise you have ever received?  My trip to Williamsburg with my grandmother when I was ten.

27. What can you cook like no-one else?  Believe me on this one -- absolutely nothing.

28. What do you think about most?  My work.

29. Who is your favorite poet?  Mary Oliver, at the moment.

30. And last but not least, if you could wrap yourself up in one word...what would that word be?  Appreciative.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this - thank you for sharing yourself, Robin!  As for the cooking - yes, all I can do with any degree of success is the sherry trifle I mention in my version of this and that is scarcely cooking - it's putting things in a bowl.  I don't like cooking and I'm not good at it.  Glad to see a fellow non-cook not ashamed to reveal herself.

Re Sharansky, I remember seeing news footage of him being taken away to prison from the courthouse (in Moscow?), with his supporters crying desperately "Tolya! Tolya!"  (His first name is Anatoly.)  It was heartbreaking and I wept.  I was thrilled when he was released.

Vicky
http://www.livejournal.com/users/vxv789/

Anonymous said...

I'm so please to see how many people are doing this, because (selfishly) I'm really enjoying reading all the answers, and in your answers, I especially like that Henry Beston quote, and I'm cutting and pasting that into my own collection of favorite quotes, so thank you.

Judi