Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Losing Patience

Just posted in Joe's Magic Smoke (I only wish I could choose my font size over there) but you can read it here, too, if any of you are left.  I notice that most of the journals I read have gone private or departed.  Not sure how the private mode helps, as my private journal is blasting a BOA ad at the moment, and the dearly departed are hard to find -- I'm working on it, I'm working on it.  In the meantime, for those who have stayed, if you figure out a way to retain your labors of the past months or years in an acceptable form, let me know:

NEW ENTRY, ENTITLED "THE FINAL STRAW -- THAT OLD CAMEL HAS COLLAPSED"

ONE WOULD THINK. . .

that aol might be trying to retain and recover those of its unpaid contributors who might have gone elsewhere.

ONE WOULD BE MISTAKEN.

More than a week after the ads went up:

1.  My archives still indicate 1 post per month.

2.  The archives still go to the wrong month, so to find an old entry you have to go back into archives, click on the CORRECT month, and got to the date in question, and then start all over again for the next one, etc etc. . .

AND

HERE'S THE WINNER:

I have always backed up my journal periodically with hard copies.  I have several notebooks worth.  Today I decided to work on that task a bit.  In the past I would simply open an entry and click "Print." I would get a nice clean copy of the entry, with photos or other illustrations completely intact.

BUT GUESS WHAT????????????  

THE ONLY THING I CAN PRINT NOW ARE THE ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT my entries. NOT MY ENTRIES.

For the entries I have to painstakingly copy every single one into Word, save and print -- and the photographs all come out as about 1/10 the size of a thumbnail.

I hope the BOA commerical artists are happy.  

I AM NOT.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for visiting my journal.  I have enjoyed yours.  I like the way you have yours laid out.  need to learn all you j-lands tricks one day.  Until then i will be forever tirying to figure things out.lol  Will come back and visit.

Anonymous said...

I don't like entries like this.  Nope, not at all.  I'll take a walk over to Joe's place and leave him my sentiments, too.  I'm not happy...
My heart is sinking further into this dark abyss and being taken over by propaganda and AOL ignorance.  ::sigh::
Judith

Anonymous said...

Instead of clicking print try this instead~ Left click what you want to print ~next go to file and click print~next click selection then apply then print

Anonymous said...

thank God for Celeste.... maybe she should be the head of AOL...... we need somebody with a heart AND capabilities there. I have to do all this too........ judi

http://judithheartsong.blogspot.com/
http://judithheartsong.blogspot.com/
http://judithheartsong.blogspot.com/
http://judithheartsong.blogspot.com/
http://judithheartsong.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

If I thought they had enough brains in their heads to accomplish this, I would think this is AOL's sneaky little way of keeping people from leaving.  Judging by how well they've ALWAYS had the technical aspects of journals in hand, I'd say they're just lost in the weeds...  

Maybe the best idea is to just give it some time.  You can blog at the new place, leave your old j here, open or not....  It's not going anywhere, and eventually (it is to be hoped) AOL will get all their shit in one sock and you'll be able to shift/save your entries.  Lisa  :-]  

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you've had such a rough time of it. I mean you couldn't even access your journal for the longest time, not to mention the ads. I've lost all faith in the techies that AOL employs.

I'm just glad you are finally able to get an entry up.

Ari

Anonymous said...

Geez!
http://deabvt.blogspot.com/
V

Anonymous said...

we can probably still print them from internet explorer or some search engine other than AOL.  

Anonymous said...

I was having my own fair share of difficulties and then after a number of trials and mishaps, finally was up and running....to add to the mix, I had some other difficulties and now I too, have gone private, but nothing to do with BA on AOL.  

I have to admit, I LOVED your entries over at Joe's!!!