Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Back to Camp

Before the Campers Arrive

I'm off later today on the first leg of my trip down to North Carolina to pick my daughter up from her summer job and, I hope (but don't count on), seeing my son The Counselor.  I'd love to go tubing with them on the French Broad River, something we haven't had a chance to do for a few years, but I won't be surprised if he's enjoying a day off in Asheville.  I'd also like to take my daughter to see a college or two, but I'm pretty sure that's not high on her list of priorities.

She's been a Staff-in-Training, which means she's been living in a cabin with a group of little girls and their counselors, but her days have been filled with kitchen and dining room duty, leading horses around the ring for very young riders, and helping out with the crafts activities.  From the few bits of communication that I've had, this first attempt at employment beyond babysitting has been a happy success for her.

I can hardly wait to see her.  I love her sense of adventure, but I'm always lonely when she's off pursuing it.

Walked: 2.5 miles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is really gorgeous there!  I wonder if it's too far to send Kath next year?  I suppose we could always vacation there while she is at camp.  Hope you see your son.

Anonymous said...

Why is she done so soon?    It sounds like a great way to spend summer.   Have a safe trip.

Anonymous said...

Ya know...I've never rode the rapids before.
I've always wanted to do that!
-Connie