Monday, July 26, 2004

Michigan Summer

This is a test-it-out entry.  I'm in northern Michigan at a history seminar for the week, and I feel like I'm at summer camp. Maybe because I did go to camp up here one summer (--yes, in addition to camp in North Carolina, but my Michigan camp's property has long since become resort property--), and maybe because our boarding school accomodations are somewhat spartan.  But it's beautiful here. 

Our family vacationed here three summers ago, so I have some idea of where things are.  Last night I went out to watch the sunset from Sleeping Bear Dunes, something I hadn't expected to get to do again -- at least not so soon.  Lake Michigan is beyond E-N-O-R-M-O-U-S, flat and smooth as ice and blue as the sky, so its sunsets are only spectacular. 

I'm off to see what I've missed at the Democartic Convention so far.  Our hosts are taking us on a sunset cruise along the dunes tonight, so I'm not sure how much of the procedings we'll see.

Walked: 3 miles.

Yesterday: Walked: 3 miles

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if you could be having a fun week.  You can catch convention happenings during many of the reruns I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Lake Michigan sounds beautiful!  Enjoy the cruise, I'm sure all the convention highlights will be shown over and over on the news channels so you won't miss a thing.

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I'm a little late but CONGRATULATIONS on making the Editors Top Five list. NIce journal. Will visit again. I invite you to visit me at my journal.
*Barb