Saturday, July 31, 2004

A Quiet Day in Lake Wobegon

Lake Michigan Sunset

My day has been uneventful.  I did some laundry, caught up with both my boys who called and filled me in on life in Lyon and North Carolina, spent hours organizing plane reservations -- and then on the spur of the moment went out with my daughter to see a play written by a friend of hers and directed by another high school student with an all-student cast and crew.  It was so well done!  I can remember this young lady as an actress in third grade, and her three Montessori school buddies all showed up for her tonight.  It's such a delight to see the young women that those girls are becoming, and to see that, even though the four of them attend three different high schools, they are always ready with hugs and cheers for each other.

Walked: 3 miles.

Walked in July: 96 miles.

Walked since beginning this journal: 371.7 miles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin, I was on the other side of Lake Michigan today : )   went sailing with our neighbors just off Manitowoc.   It was a gorgeous day to be on the lake!!
Julia

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that your daughter and her school friends stay in touch.  The sunset is gorgeous!