Saturday, April 9, 2005

Eagle Siblings

No sooner had I posted last night than I remembered the Blackwater eagles.  How could I have been feeling so dry and empty?  Just look at how sweet they are.   

There is some discussion of moving the little one to a nest elsewhere, as part of an eagle restoration program in Vermont.  Apparently his parents are taking excellent care of him, but he is clearly far behind the other two and probably would have better prospects as an only or with just one other sibling of his own size further north.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see them flying there. judi

Anonymous said...

I don't know... hard to know when intervention is good, or when letting nature go about her natural course is best.  We humans don't always know what's best.
Peace,  Virginia

Anonymous said...

Aww, they are cuties. Is it common for the runt to be neglected? I don't think I have ever seen an eagle, I hope to some day. Not sure I would know it if I saw it unless someone pointed it out to me.