Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Just a Car Just a Car Just a Car

Personally speaking, I think that taxes and college decisions are the most that anyone should be expected to handle during the first two weeks of April.

Nevertheless . . . I made it through a full day of meetings/seminars on Sunday, two parent conference nights, and a class presentation of my own.  I have been going nonstop since Sunday at 11:00 a.m. 

Not enough, though.  Also a repeat trip to the vet for a possible major problem, many discussions with high school seniors over questionable yearbook material, and...

my lovely and darling daughter wrecked her car this morning. 

After driving all over the place all year in rain, snow, ice, drizzle, and fog, she had an accident on the clearest and brightest day of the year.

It's just a car, I keep reminding myself.  Just a car.

Well, not quite.

There was the missed morning of work and the upcoming one for the court date.  The insurance hike.  The deductible.  The car out of commisssion for three-to-four weeks or possibly forever.  Not to mention the stream of phone calls today and God only knows how many more in the near future.

On the bright side: the police officer was friendly and sympathetic. 

On the gigantic plus side: no one was hurt.

But I sure had been looking forward to that little Corolla becoming all mine.

 

(Got in a 2-mile walk today.)

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Robin, I really feel for you.  And, I am so glad that no one was hurt.  DS and I both had accidents this winter, incredible headache and paperwork . . . .

Anonymous said...

oh no!   I'm so glad your daughter wasn't injured, but car accidents seem to take forever to get everything resolved.   We had a speeder here (Peter), but luckily, no accidents.   His girlfriend had three minor accidents and her younger sister has totalled two old cars.    I can't believe how hectic your life has been lately, I'm going to take a nap on your behalf : )

Anonymous said...

When I start to feel bored and impatient with my life, I think of you...and then I don't feel so bad.  Bummer about the car!  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

Glad that nobody was hurt.  ...just a car, just a car, just a car...
Best,
Judith
http://journals.aol.com/jtuwliens/MirrorMirrorontheWall

Anonymous said...

Oh my.   I'm so glad that she and anybody else involved were not hurt.     How is she doing otherwise?    Car accidents are fairly traumatic emotionally IME.  

Anonymous said...

so glad she is ok.... so sorry about the car. judi

Anonymous said...

at least  she's okay, but sorry the car is not...but...at least a car can be replaced.  sorry to read this happened :-(

~ www.jerseygirljournal.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about this, but she is not hurt. When my daughter had her accident, she shattered her elbow.

Anonymous said...

I'm almost certain the walk helped keep you sane during the stress of the day!  Exercise has definitely become my coping mechanism.   Am really glad she wasn't hurt (and that no one else was either.)
~Kim