Friday, September 17, 2004

The Next Election: Clinton vs. Schwarzznegger

My boys returned from their Canadian canoe trip in high spirits last night, and filled the kitchen with their laughter over Presidential politics.

"Bill Clinton is the only Democrat who can win a Presidential election," claimed one.  "Let's face it; people LIKE Bill Clinton.  They don't care what he did.  He's a funny and likeable guy!"

"Did you hear that a Republican in Congress has already started the ball rolling to amend the Constitution?" asked my father.  "To delete the requirement that a President must be a native-born American citizen?"

"For Arnold?" I asked.

"Yep," confirmed my father.

"Oh, that's it!" cried my other son.  "The Democrats need to promote their own amendment -- eliminating the two-term limit for Presidents.  Then Bill can run again!"

"Bill Clinton vs. Arnold Schwarzznegger-- now THERE's an election!"

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OR....  Hilary Clinton vs Arnold Schwarzznegger!  

Anonymous said...

It might interest you to know that Arnold (who is a bigger girly man than one can possibly imagine) not only dyes his hair an atrocious color, wears more make-up than I have in my entire bathroom drawer and has a suspiciously immobile forehead, but I've been informed by a Modesto resident who attended a campaign function for him that he has ACRYLIC NAILS.  Sorry.  The constitution doesn't need an amendment in this area in my opinion, and certainly not for someone so high maintenance that they manage to spend $350,000 in the hours they were at the Republican convention.   Just how does one do that?

Anonymous said...

I don't think that it would ever pass....that is why Jerry Springer whos was running for office around here--he used to be mayor of Cincinnati--couldn't seek some higher offices. He is Canadian born.

Anonymous said...

I'd take Bill Clinton back in  a heartbeat!  Lisa  :-]