Sunday, September 5, 2004

Saturday Six

I am grading 9th grade summer papers.  So far the grades range from B+ to D-.  This is not a fun project.  So I am going to procrastinate by playing the Saturday Six:

1. What's your favorite thing to do while indoors?

Read and play on the computer -- they're  tied, I guess.

2. What's your favorite thing to do while outdoors?

Walk on the beach.

3. Do you wear any jewelry regularly?  If so, what and where?

My great-grandmother's 10th anniversary ring -- it's a diamond in its orginal (and, therefore, antique) setting and I was named for her.  I wear it most of the time.  I have lots of earrings, but I usually wear a small gold pair that my grandmother bought in an antique jewelry store for my 15th birthday when we were in Spain.

4. You have the choice of spending time alone, with a few close friends, with many friends and aquaintances, or in a large crowd consisting of people you do and don't know.  Which one would make you the most comfortable?

I prefer to spend time either alone or with a few close friends.  I can think of only one time that I had a blast in a huge crowd, but I was with my family.  We spent New Year's Eve a few years ago on the Champs-Elysees in Paris with about a million (literally) other revelers.  I didn't want to go, but I wouldn't have missed it for anything, even if it was only about 10 degrees F and fog did encircle the Tour d'Eiffel at about two minutes to midnight.

5. How many pairs of shoes do you own?

Oh, I'm not one of those shoe people.  I wear Tevas in the summer and clogs in the winter.  I maybe have 12 pairs of shoes, including running and walking shoes and flip-flops.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #21 from
Jeanno43 and Cherie:   If a fire or other circumstances forced you to leave your home with all of your loved ones and pets -- but only time to rescue one single item, what would you choose to take with you and why?

The photos and family videos, of course. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, I'd take the photos too! And I love walking on the beach......now that the tourists have gone home for the season........might start doing that more often
:-)
~jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl