Monday, September 13, 2004

Yikes! No Camera!

I should never go out without my camera.

I took an early walk in the cemetery this morning and there in the grass, right in front of me, was a young red-tailed hawk finishing off his breakfast.  He let me approach to within five feet of him -- I kid you not.  He never did fly away; I decided to leave, thinking that as a novice hunter he was probably really hungry and therefore unwilling to leave what was left of his catch -- which wasn't enough to be identifiable.  He must have spent his entire little life in the cemetery; he was utterly without fear of me. 

I could have gotten a great shot with the Brownie camera I had when I was nine -- but of couse I had no camera at all!

Walked: 3 miles.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found at a flea market last weekend, a Kodak Duaflex camera!  I snagged it for $3.00.  I had to order film online ....620.  The film waw more than the camera.  I was so busy this week end I did not have a chance to load it up and go do my thing.  Your comment about the Brownie camera brought this on!  That is terrible about not having a camera!

Anonymous said...

You are really challenging me.  Yesterday it was the dictionary I had to get out, today I have to research hawks.  Would you dumb it down so I can understand what you are talking about, lol.  Pamela

Anonymous said...

WOW!  That's really neat!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Isn't that ALWAYS the way it goes!  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

We went to a presentation on Raptors this week. One was a red tailed hawk who had been shot. :-(