Sunday, May 15, 2005

Birding Quickie

I had such a disastrous morning, one in which everything I tried to accomplish just crumbled to dust.  But I DID make it out to the marsh boardwalk for a whole 20 minutes of birding, and here's what I saw (thanks to other folks for the photos):

Black-and-white warbler: 

Yellow warbler:

Chestnut-sided warbler:

American redstart: 

Palm warbler:

Northern oriole:

I tried to find a photo of an oriole that would indicate just how glorious it looks singing away in the sunshine from the top of a tree.

Not bad for a 20-minute walk, huh?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not bad at all.  I'm sure it was a very enjoyable walk.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about your disastrous morning, but I know that in 20 minutes all of that morning was wiped out and replaced by 20 minutes of shear delight and joy not to mention some absolutely marvelous photographs of birds wo which you knew the names.  Nature, always there to erase what came before with what is NOW.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

OOOhhhh...warbler circus!  I actually saw what I believe was a Wilson's warbler at the campground yesterday.  And lots of white-crowned sparrows, robins, crows, a few stellar jays, and seagulls.  Lisa  :-]  

Anonymous said...

I hope the birdwatching helped make up for the rest of the day.  You saw some beautiful birds.   I saw a yellow warbler yesterday too but I think that's the only one we had in common.    

Anonymous said...

transplanted here from new england ... i really miss the black-capped chickadee.