Monday, May 9, 2005

Water Not Ice

I am a bit overwhelmed by demands on my writing life:  my honors history students are zapping me with e-mailed drafts of a paper due in a few days, and a speaker for next Sunday's adult education at church has landed in the hospital, necessitating a quick revision in plans.  I have some good material to use, but I can't figure out where I put it down earlier today.  Oh, and I just finished a one-page summary of that 15-page paper I wrote last week for a presentation tomorrow night.  (OK, so I cheated; I can't fit it onto one page.  I altered the spacing and font size just a tad.  Think my ultra-compulsive prof will notice?)

Anyway, for journal purposes, let's just say that I don't have another written word in me right now, but I am very aware that the ice has melted and the grasses are growing in the marshes.  Our tiny back yard's feeders briefly hosted a chipping sparrow and a white-crowned sparrow last night -- spring is here, the ice has gone, and the migrants are coming through!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my - and I thought I was busy - but look at YOU!!

Hang in!  And your photos just get better and better!  

Vicky
http://www.livejournal.com/users/vxv789/

Anonymous said...

Weather here is hideous today.  Cold rainy and winterlike.  Poor little birdies at the feeder are braving it anyway...that's how you know it's going to last all day.  I have been enjoying the goldfinches, the hummingbirds, and the occasional white-crowned sparrow.  Sorry your life is so hectic!  Lisa  :-]  

Anonymous said...

Wonderful picture, sorry about the chaos. I live about 130 miles south of Lisa and it's been raining all day here too. The rhodies and azaleas are so not happy. It's supposed to dry out a little later in the week. Please. :-)

Jackie

http://journals.aol.com/thesheatons/PixelsPoliticsPosiesandPussycats

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love b&w photos. Sounds like you could use a vacation right about now. Hope you get one soon! (this pic looks like a good spot for a mini vaca!) ~ Lori

Anonymous said...

Hah!  Too much to say and not enough space to say it in?  This is a good sign...
Judith
http://journals.aol.com/jtuwliens/MirrorMirrorontheWall

Anonymous said...

this is a stunningly gorgeous picture.  my "overwhelm" is over for the moment, and it certainly does feel good.  i'm going to be reading back thru entries of yours i've missed while i was MIA - but i have an enormous amount of catching up to do!