Sunday, May 29, 2005

Playtime

Just one of those things that goes around:

If I could be a musician...I would play the flute in a world-famous orchestra.

If I could be a farmer...I would run a horse ranch in Montana.

If I could be a psychologist...I would work with adults trying to recreate their lives after surviving rough disappointments.

If I could be a lawyer...I am a lawyer.

If I could be a missionary...I would try to respect the faiths and lives of others.

If I could be a gardener...I would have hollyhocks everywhere.

If I could be a painter...I would live in France.

If I could be an architect...I would design small houses and cottages.

If I could be a doctor...I would be a world-famous brain surgeon.

If I could be a linguist...I would teach at a huge university and travel several times a year.

If I could be a writer...you mean I'm NOT?

If I could be a professor...I would be tenured at my alma mater and live on Benefit Street.

If I could be an athlete...I would play soccer and I would understand offsides.

If I could be a justice on any court in the world...it would be at Le Hague.

If I could be a world famous blogger...oh, the places I would go and the things I would see.

If I could be married to any current world politician...I would get a divorce as quickly as possible. 

If I could be a scientist...I would study wildlife in Africa.

If I could be an actor...I would look like Geena Davis but I would BE Kathy Bates.

If I could be a chef...now THAT would be a surprise.

If I could be an innkeeper...St. Augustine, here I come.

My place in France :)

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Benefit Street? You and H. P. Lovecraft. I lived on Hope Street...skiied doen Angel Street in Feb. '69.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love this!
Best,
Judith
http://journals.aol.com/jtuwliens/MirrorMirrorontheWall

Anonymous said...

I like your vacation cottage - can I visit sometime?

Love this entry, Ocean!! Whimsical, yet so insightful!  BTW, I'm with you on the chef thing.  Never, never, never!

If I could be anything I want...I'd be very happy.  Maybe.

Vicky
http://www.livejournal.com/users/vxv789/

Anonymous said...

<If I could be married to any current world politician...I would get a divorce as quickly as possible. >

Perfect!  Lisa  :-]  http://journals.aol.com/mlraminiak/ComingtotermswithMiddleAge/  

Anonymous said...

I like that... a cute way to share info about yourself.  Pamela

Anonymous said...

"If I could be married to any current world politician...I would get a divorce as quickly as possible. ""  heh heh...this answer made me laugh! Good one! :)

Anonymous said...

You're place in France.....is THE BOMB DIGGITTY!!
Tami

Anonymous said...

Oh my, if thats your place in France, I'm sure you'd have room for all us journalers to visit right? Wow!
Rebecca