Sunday, June 26, 2005

Hospitality and Its Reward

So. . . I got to preach the sermon this morning.  If you want to see it, head on over to my other journal.  And  forgive me for adding the other material from the beginning but, now that it's over, I can say that not only was it a great privilege; it was great fun!  It's a lot different on the other side of the altar, where you have to pay attention to the order of the service and to standing and sitting at the right times - not to mention the part where you have to make an attempt to say something of significance.

YIKES!

I now need to go directly to the pool, do not pass go, do not collect $200, and stare at vacant air for awhile.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect day for you today.  Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the pool!  Your sermon was wonderful.  I went over and read your words and found myself caught up in the feeling they gave.  Pennie

Anonymous said...

Excellent work. I have enough trouble writing three or four paragraphs. My hat is off to people who can come up with enough good material to keep an audience on their toes for fifteen or twenty minutes.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I gave a sermon once...back in my U/U days. Sheesh. who knew U/U's could be so uptight? I'm going to read yours now...I'm sure it's much better than mine was.

Anonymous said...

Heading off to "Laywoman's Lectionary" now.  Will leave a comment there if so inspired.  Rest and recoup after conquering THAT challenge.  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

Your scripture was the same as the Gospel reading in my (Episcopal) church yesterday.  Fr. Mike addressed verses 34-39, too.  Receiving two perspectives was a doubly strengthening start to my week!  Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!  Great work!
V

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I checked out your other journal and it looks to me like you were great.