Friday, September 9, 2005

Crescent Moon

Time for a breather  ~

Going to catch up on other journals over the next few days ~

Daughter settling happily into college life in Oregon ~

Older son still recovering from Monday morning departure of his wisdom teeth ~

Younger son down to Ohio State for a week-end of football-related partying (just what I like to think of him  doing ~ NOT) ~

Seem to have sort of accidentally become our church's hurricane relief effort contact person ~ OOPS (but the least I could do after all the kindnesses shown our daughter) ~

Trying to catch up on grading papers after having lost the Labor Day week-end to a trip west ~

Well. . . not entirely LOST:

Silver Falls State Park, Oregon

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I come stay with you? ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

I want to travel with you and learn to photograph through your very observant eye.  WOW, yet again.  Take care of yourself and enjoy some peace and quiet; you've earned it.

Anonymous said...

It's great that you had time to stop by Silver Falls. My sister and I hiked the longer trail years ago. Sorry about the wisdom teeth. Dentists. I think you've earned a bit of a breather, you've had a hairy couple of weeks trying to get everybody organized.

Jackie.
http://journals.aol.com/thesheatons/PixelsPoliticsPosiesandPussycats

Anonymous said...

What a picture! I love places like that.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place! I've never been to Oregon. I think it's time to put it on the list of places to see before I croak...

Anonymous said...

There's always so much going on in your household.  I'm glad your daughter is settling happily into college life in Oregon.  Ya'll have been through some major changes these past few weeks!  Love this pictures.
Best,
Judith
http://journals.aol.com/jtuwliens/MirrorMirrorontheWall

Anonymous said...

Loving your world, your vision through words and photos.  Keep it up.

Steven

http://journals.aol.com/stevendenlinger/DevelopingDreams/

Anonymous said...

Wow... now I am so homesick! Seeing your pic here of Silver Creek falls... we haven't been back for over 6 years! There are so many places I want to visit when we do finally get the chance to go. I have tears nearly coursing down my cheeks. I didn't realize how much I want to go back until I saw your picture. I have hiked on that very trail behind that waterfall. Sigh... great memories!!! (I posted on your other entry about Willamette U)

Pamela

Anonymous said...

OOOooohhh!  You went to Silver Falls!  Wonderful park, isn't it?  I knew what it was as soon as I saw the pic.  I have one or two very similar ones in my photo files...  Lisa  :-]