Friday, September 30, 2005

It's Friday!

It's Friday!  It's almost Rosh Hashana!  I have 5 days off!

So...gametime!  I know this has been around forever but I have never been too quick on the uptake.

Seven things I want to do before I die…

1.   Through-hike the Appalachian Trail.

2.   Hike the Mountains-to Sea Trail.

3.   Spend a month in the Cinque Terre.

4.   Hang out with my grandchildren.

5.   See each of my children living a productive and generous life.

6.   Find and pursue work that I truly and deeply love.

7.   Live by the water.  Any water.

Seven things I can do…

1.  Get someone through a divorce from beginning to end.

2.  Research almost anything.

3.  Teach almost any group of people something.

4.  Organize a trip.

5.  Identify a modest number of birds.

6.  Canoe.

7.  Find something of interest in almost anyone.

Seven things I can’t do…

1.  Cook.

2.  Organize my house.

3.  Pay my bills on time.

4.  Teach economics.

5.  Worship in a space divided by gender.

6.  Stick to a budget.

7.  Forgoe chocolate.

Seven things I say with annoying frequency…

1.  Oh s___.

2.   F--- that.

3.  Why?

4.  That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

5.   Does anyone have a pen?

6.  Sure, why not?

7.  I'm freezing.

Seven things that attract me to the opposite sex...

1.  Intelligence.

2.  Sense of humor.

3.  Energy.

4.  Interest in lots of things.

5.  Relaxed around other people.

6. Ability to fix things related to motors.

7.  Kindness.

Seven celebrities I have a crush on.

People don't really have crushes on celebrities, right?  Not after age 14?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you decide to take those hikes....let me know if you want a buddy!
:)

Anonymous said...

    Okay, I really like you answer to the last question. I admit there are several celebrities that I find interesting and attractive, but I'm not 14 either. I can cook, but I can't organize either. And I can't imagine being separated from my family in order to worship. Good entry.
jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

OOO  OOO  OOO!  I'll go!  I miss hiking...not that I ever did anything noteworthy, but I really enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Wow!
What energy you have .....hiking AND spending time with grandchildren 1-4 on your list.
What's your secret?
Do share!


Put a Smile on your face and a song in your heart.

Wishing you health, happiness and laughter.
TJ~

http://journals.aol.com/paisleyskys/PaisleySkys
http://journals.aol.com/vaultofsecrets/MoonDancer

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time off!

Anonymous said...

lol, love your enthusiasm, canalmost feel the energy through the words.  

Your seven things sound great.  Here's a great website for that kinda thing http://www.43things.com/

Jessica
http://www.JessicaWaters.com/GypsysJourney/

Anonymous said...

Lucky you with five days off.    My kids go to school on Monday and then have Tuesday and Wednesday off.    The following week, they have Monday off for Columbus day and Thursday off for Yom Kippur.    The teachers must go nuts with all the stops and starts.

Interesting lists.   Where is the "Mountains-to-Sea Trail?    If you moved to the Cinque Terre, you could accomplish two of those.     I'll have to tuck this away somewhere if I ever feel like I have time to contemplate and for instrospection -- need to schedule some actually.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on "7 things that I can't do..."
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

I love your lists.  Maybe if I made such lists I'd have more focus in my life.  
My kids will miss school on Tuesday for the 1st day of Rosh Hashanah and then no school for dd on Friday--h.s. conferences.  Neither child has school the following Monday--Professional Development Day.  Both will miss that Wednesday for Yom Kippur.  I still don't know why our district stays open for the holidays.  Over 25% of the student body and close to 20% of the faculty is Jewish.  Two 3-day weeks at the h.s. for dd--she's thrilled!

Anonymous said...

Great stuff!
V

Anonymous said...

<People don't really have crushes on celebrities, right?  Not after age 14?>

Spoil Sport!  Lisa  :-]