Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Family: Goddess of Light

Apollo, otherwise known as Psycho Kitty, came to us with her three siblings and mom as a foster family from the animal shelter when my daughter was a sixth grade volunteer there.  The idea was to enjoy the antics of four kittens without adding another Permanent Cat to the household.  Like all carefully laid plans, that one had its shortcomings and, seven years later, Apollo, the god(dess, in this case) of light and poetry, is still here.

You would never know that this has been her home for most of her earthly existence.  She leaps into the air and races from the room at the slightest provocation.  If strangers are in the house, they just might see a tail curling around a doorway -- probably not, though.  Apollo is here but she isn't.  We're not sure which life she is on.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet.  Scratch her ears and tummy for me.

Anonymous said...

Apollo looks suspiciously like our Lucky right down to the "I'm a cat and.............you're not,  That should explain everything. If you have a problem with this see the first part of the sentence" look in those green eyes.

Jackie.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a cat person but could grow fond of Apollo's looks.  It sounds like she's a typical cat though so I'm glad she's making you happy!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cat!  Looks like a four legged angel to me.
Best,
Judith
http://journals.aol.com/jtuwliens/MirrorMirrorontheWall

Anonymous said...

How many "Permanent Cats" do you have?  Take it from me, eight is about two too many...  But I wouldn't give one of them up without a fight; and when I see one that needs a home, I have to force my arms to remain firmly folded...  That's probably why I'm afraid to volunteer at the shelter.

Apollo looks like my Maudie!  Lisa  :-]  

Anonymous said...

what green eyes you have.

Anonymous said...

Those eyes! She looks very content and relexed.

Anonymous said...

Psycho-kitty...qu'est-ce que c'est? Run, run, run, run, run, run away

Anonymous said...

Well, you would never guess her looniness from this photo - she's all divine mystery here.  So I ain't messin' wit dis baby!

Vicky
http://www.livejournal.com/users/vxv789/

Anonymous said...

Look at those beautiful green eyes!  Adorable.

Anonymous said...

    She's beautiful. That's why I love cats so much. Besides being so pretty, they are all crazy. When I really need a laugh, I can count on one of mine to do something insane.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/Myway

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous cat! Her personality reminds me of my cat, Trafalgar, who died last year at age 19. For the first 15 years of her life, we barely saw her. She was always very skittish. But then, all of a sudden, it was as if she announced, "Here I am!" For the last four years of her life, she demanded near-constant attention.

Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/lici/AWritersAngst

Anonymous said...

We all have our goddess of light. Mine is Katie Couric.

Anonymous said...

psycho kitty is adorable!

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwww,
V