Sunday, May 23, 2004

Big Pictures

Celtic Crosses

Thanks to Sunflowerkat321 , I now have some idea of how to do Big Pictures. I actually delayed going into work by an hour the other morning in an attempt to follow her instructions, and came home and gave it another hour at at lunch, all to no avail.  I'm not sure why something like 25 steps should be required to achieve this -- and I have to look at the printout for almost every one of those steps.  But then, despite my family's careful explanations a few weeks ago, I can never remember the difference between "upload" and "downlaod."

At any rate, you might have guessed, the problem lay with the technician (that would be me), not the teacher.  It took my teenaged daughter seven minutes flat to get from "Here -- let me see" (uttered with a big sigh) to "There you go" and the appearance of a Big Picture.

What I want to know now is, where on earth are my pictures?  What and where are "My FTP" and .jpg?  Never mind; those questions are entirely rhetorical.

What I would really like to know is how to do an in-text link, so I could send you off to Kat's journals.  Oh! -- I figured it out! So take a look at Walk with Me  and From Every Angle.  Kat is one talented woman whose sites glow with her appreciation of the natural world and, unfortunately for the things I am supposed to be doing, has got me thinking about making Big Pictures of wonderful tiny subjects. 

Walked: Took the day off.  Between the previous night's disrupted sleep (due to my daughter not returning from a babysitting job until after 1:00 a.m. and the dog's frantic leaping around on top of me during yet another 3:00 a.m. thunderstorm) and the intense humidity, I decided it was a good day for a break.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying the big pictures.  Glad you went the to the trouble of figuring out how to get them into your journal.  I am now a reader of Kat's journal too thanks to your recommendation.

Anonymous said...

Yes, thank you sunflowerkat for teaching Robin how to do the big pics.  I am really enjoying them.  I am off to check our her journal as well.

Anonymous said...

You really have a beautiful cemetary to enjoy.  The shady trees are nice as well as the ornate headstones.  Do you know how far back, date wise, the cemetary goes?  http://journals.aol.com/sandyfeetmom/LaBuenaVida