Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Early Morning Rambling Thoughts

...my daughter has a late arrival time for school this morning, so I let her sleep in and head out to walk at 7:00 -- too late; it is already SO humid...I miss my cat, who got hit by a car on June 1 last year; I've been thinking about him because for the second year in a row it's been too rainy to use the yard much, but last spring at this time we had just fixed up the back after years of neglect and he thought that the pavers bordering the garden were his personal cat walk...I was so happy to get an email last night from one of my college-freshmen sons to whom I had sent the allium photo since we had started planting those when he was a little guy because he liked them so much and it turns out that he still does...the van which just acquired new brakes (ouch!) a couple of weeks ago now apparently needs a brake light, and my daughter and I are leaving for Rochester tomorrow, so I have to take that in...I need to get over to the university where I do graduate work to order a transcript for my teaching license...our current psycho kitty apparently does not like her litter box in the basement since she pooped on the dining room rug this morning, so I have to address that...why does my daughter's college counselor think Vanderbilt might be a good choice? isn't it on the conservative side?....I need to find the car insurance bill and get it paid, or call the insurance company if I have completely lost it....there are 8 emails on my other account, which means my students have finally decided that they want to discuss their final papers...if I try to photograph those iris I will probably slide off those slippery stones and right into the creek...

Nope -- I didn't!

Walked: 5 miles altogether.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We call allium "Horton Hears a Who Flowers".    My kids love them also.     One of our favorite "when you were little" stories is that when my younger son was four, his anti-weapon mother finally relented and said that he could have a toy sword to be a pirate.     He and his friend used the sword to chop off the tops of the allium when they were just about at the stage where you photographed them.    :(    It is a cute story now and I'll never see allium without thinking of it but I was sad when it happened.

Anonymous said...

I loved being in your mind for that time.  Isn't it amazing how we go from one thought to the next and they have nothing similar between them.  I hope you can get everything taken care of that's in your mind.  Have a great trip!  Your pictures are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture.  I hope you have a great trip.

Anonymous said...

Three miles in heat and humidity...way to go!!  Your iris is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love all your pictures!  What kind of camera are you using?  Pamela

Anonymous said...

Why Vanderbilt? Because you have a friend who will be living in Nashville to whom your daughter can turn to if she needs to get away from campus for awhile or needs a ride to OH!! :-)