Saturday, May 29, 2004

Poppies and Friends

Yesterday I had the pleasure of visiting for the second time with an online friend and her family who hosted my daugher and I on a college visit to the University of Rochester.  We had a lot of fun catching up on changes since our first meeting about three years ago, when her handsome little boys were only 3 and 6, with bowl-cut blond hair.  (At that time, one of my boys looked at them and said, "They look just like we used to!")  Her neighborhood is an older inner-ring suburb pretty much like mine, so visiting her wasn't much different from staying at home -- except that she has a wonderfully pristine third floor covered with a plush green carpet that muffles virtually all sound from below, while my third has been a haven for teenage males for several years and is not remotely pristine.

As we were leaving, far behind schedule, she pointed out the poppies growing behind her house.  I'm not sure that I've ever seen poppies -- their texture is paper-like and, as you can see, they are brilliant in the sunshine.

Imagine what I'm going to be able to do with this photo and Paintshop Pro!

Walked: 4.5 miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a wonderful visit and the flowers are stunning!