Monday, May 10, 2004

Today's a Tough One

Mallard in the marsh

I thought I had a free hour this morning, but the phone rang just after 7:00 and my daughter's carpool driver had pooped out on us.  No problem -- I'd take her to the bus.  That's didn't work either; the other girl in the carpool isn't registered for the bus, so she needed a ride all the way to school.  So my 10-minute round trip drive became a 30 and then a 60 minute trip.

As it turned out, I didn't have that free hour anyway.  I had completely forgotten plans to meet a friend for breakfast, and when I dashed into the coffee shop to grab a croissant, she was on her way out.  As we stood on the sidewalk trying to cram an hour's worth of talk into five minutes, her contact flew out, so four adults spent some time crawling around on the sidewalk, to no avail.

I just slipped out for a lunchtime mile, but the heat is opprerssive.  I have to go back out to my daughter's school, get her to a meeting, and get myself to an evening class.  What are the chances of fitting in the other two miles?

Later: Ha!  I did it!

Walked: 3 miles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh!  Sounds like a busy day, without all the unanticipated twists in it.  Hope you are able to get some extra walking in somewhere.

Anonymous said...

You're a good woman.  I'm very impressed with all your walking, and it's obviously a joy to you, not a chore.

Anonymous said...

Good job getting in the additional 2 miles!    LOL about using the catalog photo.    Just remember that the model was airbrushed and "fixed" too.   Cindy Crawford was once quoted as saying that she wished she looked like Cindy Crawford.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for getting the walk in!  I find that if I don't get mine in early, I don't get it in at all!!!