Friday, October 29, 2004

Autumn in the Cemetery

I've had kind of an odd day.  Lots of action -- students and teachers alike wired about the election, an unpleasant phone call to a parent, more than an hour at the gym, and a couple of very productive preparation hours at the computer tonight.  I'm worried about my stepmother's still uncertain diagnosis, and about my college sons -- Halloween college week-ends are prime opportunities for trouble.

But it's peaceful here tonight.  My husband and daughter went  up to read and sleep long ago, so it's just me and the cat with her funny little sounds of satisfaction.  I'm going to stay up late and read some Thomas Merton, since for the first time in months I don't have to be somewhere early on a Saturday morning.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your leisurely morning tomorrow.  Sounds like it's much needed after a tough week.

Anonymous said...

Veddy nice picture.  Damn, I wish we could actually have SUN here in the fall...  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo....   looks like a nice peaceful place to walk to in order to escape the stress of daily life.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful shot.

Anonymous said...

People here (MN) are pretty fired up about the election, too. Especially since it seems the candidates practically live here now. A day of rest sounds nice - enjoy.

Anonymous said...

I totally understand the concern about the college boys Robin.  Peter went to Madison for the weekend and I'm unlikely to get any sleep.   He keeps telling me not to worry, he's not a kid that gets into trouble, but I'm worried about safety of course.   I WENT to Madison on a few Halloween weekends back in the old days and it's not something I hoped my son would experience!!  

Anonymous said...

I just love this photo!  Amazing.  You really have an eye for the composition.
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl