Thursday, October 21, 2004

Colorful

Thanks to alphawoman1, I have a new place to put some photos: the Thursday Challenge.  The week's theme is "Colorful."  The photo is of my son's dorm at University of Chicago last year -- other corners on other sections are turquoise and yellow.  Most of the U of C boasts architecture more in the mode of Gothic in the Extreme, but this building was designed by someone who focuses on themes related to the American Southwest:

The structure in the front is a monument marking the site of the first self-sustaining controlled nuclear chain reaction, which was initiated in an old handball court under the University's old stadium bleachers on December 2, 1942.  Whether or not there should be such a monument is a  matter of opinion, but there it is.

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooo cool!  Makes me wanna go to UofC!!!!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!  I stuck mine in my other jnl.....I'm going to put the Friday Challenge in Alpha this week.  Switch back and forth!

Anonymous said...

Chicago is really a spectacular city, isn't it? Nice photo.