Saturday, October 2, 2004

Saturday Six

Well, I had to get up, because I have to do about six things today whether I want to or not, so why not add the Saturday Six to the mix? Maybe it will take my  mind off how miserably sick I still am.

1. Which of the following do you trust more:  a politician, a televangelist, a lawyer, a reporter, or a doctor?

A lawyer.  But then, I am a lawyer.  And most of the lawyers I know are incredibly hardworking, conscientious and honorable people.

2. What's the last song you liked enough that you actually took the time to look up the lyrics?

Jeff Buckley's version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah," sung at the end of a West Wing episode.  My daughter tells me that it's heard frequently on tv shows.

3. Which deceased relative would you most like to spend one more afternoon with?

My mother.

4. What is your preferred brand for:  a) toothpaste, b) soap, c) shampoo, d) laundry detergent

Crest, whatever, Clairol's Herbal Essences, Cheer.  Although I can't say that this is something I ever really think about.
 
5. What is your favorite poem?

"Ash Wednesday" by T.S. Eliot comes to mind.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #25 from
Tara:  How did your parents select your first name? Were you named after a particular friend/relative/fictional character or did they just like the name?

My first named is also my paternal grandmother's.  I'm actually called by my middle name, which was her mother's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

3.)  ONE MORE afternoon?   Wouldn't that be pure torture?  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

My dad is an attorney....