Saturday, October 2, 2004

An Autumn Saturday

1.  Slept badly last night:  Nyquil, Dayquil, Tylenol Cold, Flonase -- something every hour or two.

2.  Got up and showered through cluster headache.  Kept wondering when I was going to die.  Preferably sooner rather than later.

3.   Took dog to vet.  She needed some shots and a look at her leg.  Last week-end when we were out walking, a Huge Dog came out of nowhere -- well, out of his back yard, actually -- full speed ahead.  I don't know whether he nipped her or whether she got hurt when I yanked her away, but she's been limping all week and I've been too sick to deal with it.  Apparently just a pulled muscle.

4.   Took daughter to voice lesson.

5.   Took daughter to Tulane University program at a local hotel.  It turned out to be fun.

6.   Took daughter to Panera's, where we changed clothes and grabbed some takeout sandwiches.

7.   Took daughter to her soccer game.

8.   Was changing money at parents' fundraiser when I startled everyone by yelling "Oh S--T!" as I realized that I had completely forgotten a friend's conflicting 50th birthday party.

9.   They won!  Went to bookstore to purchase gift and mea cupla card while husband brought daughter home and dropped her off for a ride to a party.  My birthday friend has a daughter studying in Turkey for a semester so I wanted to find a CD with some music from Turkey.  It wasn't so easy, but I succeeded.

10.  Dropped off present and card.

11.  Went out to Italian restaurant with husband.  He is coughing way  worse than I am.  We make a pathetic pair.

12.  Negotiated my way out of a church responsibility for tomorrow night because I am now Way Behind on everything else.

13.  Trying to stay awake because husband and I have to drive across town at 11:00 to pick the girls up.  (This party is a lousy neighborhood and an interstate away -- luckily other parents agreed with us so at least we only have this one part of the drive.)

Nighty night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you start to feel better soon!  love ya gurlie (as my daughters friends say in their "zangas".)  Yes, I've been snooping :-)  Pamela

Anonymous said...

Well...at least the mums are pretty!  Sucks that your sick at such a beautiful time of year.  AND during your short "time off."  Hope you feel better soon.  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

What a day!  At least it's over.  Hope you start feeling better - if not you may need to head to the DR. for some antibiotics.

Anonymous said...

Hi.  I love reading your journal.  I'm sorry that you're sick and hope you get well soon.  Seems like everyone isn't felling well.  I just got over an acute sinus infection that are becoming to frequent for my taste.  The trip to Panera sounds good.  I love that place.  The Frontega chicken panini is FABULOUS.  :)
Tami

Anonymous said...

My lord....you deserve a hug!